Sunday, April 05, 2009

One of the True Mysteries of the World...


Okay, maybe I'm being a tad sarcastic, but to me, it really is something to behold.

I will begin by stating my horrible, ugly secret: I'm a sweets fanatic. I LOVE chocolate, candy, cakes, muffins, and anything else that has a sweetness to it. I have always been this way, and I find that I am one of those people that is better off going cold turkey off of the sugar then trying to control my overwhelming cravings for it.

Having explained the above to you...it is beyond my comprehension how someone can eat 1, perhaps 2 bites of a candy bar or muffin and be content enough to set it aside without eating it until it's gone. Perhaps I'm revealing too much about my food weaknesses as I sit thinking about my struggles with my weight throughout my life.

It's like a bad acid trip as I recall those hideous 1970s food scales that were used by Weight Watchers so many years ago. As if we would overserve ourselves on the required canned salmon or tuna fish for the day. Everything was weighed, portioned and meticuously alotted. That's why it blows my mind to see someone do the same thing with a Hostess Cupcake.

I'm giving fair warning: April 8 - I go cold turkey again. It's hell to have a sugar laden monkey on your back.

More Musings Later-

No comments: