Monday, December 22, 2008

Parkinson's has a new playmate...

I have to say in the last several months or more, I haven't been feeling myself. I am not one to focus on things like that unless it knocks me for a loop. Consider my loop thoroughly knocked. Now, when my Young Onset Parkinson's disease being my only malady, my body said, "Nah, I think you can handle one more..." And so it goes. I have what is termed as "Churg Strauss Syndrome," which is a disease that falls under the general heading of "Vasculitis".

This isn't me, but close enough. I broke out in the worst case of rash, sores and other grossness all over my body a couple of weeks or more and it landed me squarely in the hospital for a week. I took every blood test known to mankind (literally) as well as had a biopsy of my rash, steroids on drip and more.

Oh, and did I mention that I was and am on so much steroid that I have to take 2 forms of insulin to keep my blood sugar from skyrocketing from all this? Needless to say, this isn't fun. I go to the dr tomorrow to see how I am doing...the rash, sores and other grossness are not quite so "pronounced" but still having trouble walking and so on. Bleh.

Oh well....I guess my Parkinson's will have a new playmate. Parkinson's, meet Vasculitis (Churg Strauss Syndrome). Where shakiness and bad balance meets neuropathy and pain.

Booyah.

More Freaking Musings Later-

No comments: