Thursday, April 24, 2008

Alfred Hitchcock is Alive & Well on your local news...


Is it me? or has the News begun using more and more techniques of camera work by Hitchcock?

I was watching my local news station one afternoon, and I noticed that the camera angles were downright bizarre! Let's face it, I'm sure the reporters get bored with their newscasts but at the same time, to me, it just looks stupid and unprofessional.

Local news story - great angle, huh?

What do I mean? Take these photos for examples. All of them are actual news footage.

Do we really need to see these quirky, strange shots? I know that everyday is not a "news day" but how about focusing on good, tight writing to lure the viewer and listener into your story?
That's just me...
More Musings Later-

















No comments: