Sunday, December 23, 2007

Lesbian Killers

The other evening, my partner and I had just finished a job for a client and we both hadn't eaten all day. Needless to say, we were starved and since we were out, we decided to get some dinner.

We found a restaurant that we both liked and decided to have dinner. We bellied up to the bar and ordered an appetizer and had a couple of drinks. The bar area was packed, mostly with young professionals after attending their office Christmas parties. So you could say....uh.....they were a tad tipsy.

As my partner and I were talking, I heard a fellow behind me say rather loudly, "I'm a Lesbian killer". I turned around and gave him an irritated look and he changed the subject with his companions. The minute I turned around, he started again, "I'm a Lesbian killer".

I looked at my partner, shook my head and wondered to myself: Do we really live in the year 2007, almost 2008 and have to contend with people that are ignorant and dare I say afraid of differentness? I guess it will always be that way.

So, instead of making a big deal of it, I turned around and continued talking to my partner who I adore and love to talk to. We giggled, laughed and talked about our day. And, suddenly, I wasn't so aware of when the boob behind me was "threatening" that he was a Lesbian killer.

Actually, I began to feel sorry for him. He must feel awfully insecure both as a person and as a man. No one should feel that way.


Not even a "Lesbian Killer."


More Musings Later....you can count on it.




No comments: