Sunday, August 12, 2007

Talking to School Kids?

Yep, I'm currently exploring the idea of talking to kids...about what? About writing and about freelancing. God, I wish someone had done that when I was growing up. I had no idea that a life that I'm living now was possible back then.


But then again, I wonder if I would appreciate my writing career as much as I do today. Let's face it, being a refugee from Corporate America makes you grateful for being able to breathe. I don't know...I just think that kids need to see that there are ways of being successful that don't necessarily fit in a cookie cutter profile.


I mean after all, here I am. A published author who writes for a living. Am I rich? Financially, Hardly. Am I wealthy with knowledge and experience? You bet. Do I wear pin stripes each day to work? Well, maybe pin striped pajamas or sweats.


Life can be messy. Kids need to know that writing and other types of freelancing professions that aren't "typical" are possible. It's just a thought...but then again, I get paid to write those thoughts down.

More Musings Later-

No comments: