Sunday, December 03, 2006

What a Difference 4 days make...

Just 4 days ago....Nov 29, I insisted that "Failure is NOT a freaking option." How true that statement is if you believe it. Don't get me wrong, I haven't earned any cash in those 4 days, I don't even have a job lead for that matter.

BUT...in staying true with my new mantra, FINAFO, I did something that I did several years ago and after hearing the feedback, I decided that I should wait a very long time before doing it again. That is: Querying a literary agent. They usually say something like, "Don't call us, we'll call you.....we have plenty of clients at the moment, but thank you for your query.... etc. etc. etc.

Well......guess what? I have F-O-U-R , countem FOUR NYC literary agents requesting to see my work. I really love ghostwriting....so what did I do? Apply for a ghostwriting position with a book publisher. Guess what? I'M HIRED. They will contact me when a client needs a writer within my genre.

So remember those of you struggling with your craft out there: KEEP GOING, BECAUSE FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION.

More Musings Later-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was checking out writing blogs and found this neat little post. Congratulations! Do tell about any upcoming projects.