Thursday, June 01, 2006

The Pursuit of the Pursuit

Why in the heck didn't I major in either writing or marketing when I was in college a million years ago?? Oh yeah....I did that musician thing......

Well, today I went to get a haircut. And, in my usual style, I never miss an opportunity to network or market myself. The hairdresser asks me, "So, what do you do for a living?" I'm already doing brochures for her shop before I even get the words out. So I proceed to tell her...not much of a reaction. So, I mention....Oh, and I ghostwrite novels too. Baddah Bing, Baddah Boom. A lady waiting to get her haircut mentions to me, "Ooohhhhh!!!!! I have been trying to write a novel about my family for several years! I just don't know how to go about it. Enter stage left. So, even when I leave my laptop, I am working!

More musings Later

No comments: